Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's nothing but a green thing ~ KALE



So...I LOVE KALE CHIPS!

Kale and many other greens are so good for you. Kale is loaded with nutrients that are essential to your body. It has vitamin K, A, C, B6, B-12, folate,and many more. If you consume 200 calories of kale it provides 15 grams of FIBER! All of you know fiber is our friend! :)

As I was making a batch of kale chips last week, I realized I may have a slight addiction. I was snatching them right off the pan in the oven and eating them, risking a burned hand and mouth just to taste the air crispy goodness as soon as possible. You can buy them at the store for $8-$10 a(very small)bag. OR you can make your own. Kale is a winter crop and in season now, reap the benefit and make some of your own kale chips. It is usually around $2.49 per bundle at a grocery store. I use organic kale. Your family will love them and you will be getting lots of nutrition from the kale.
Here is my basic recipe:

1. 1 Bunch of Kale ripped into bite sizes
2. drizzle a cookie sheet with olive oil
3. place the kale on the sheet and flip it to coat both sides
4. sprinkle very sparingly with sea salt
5. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and then flip or stir and bake another 10 minutes.

Please restrain from snatching them off the hot pan. You can burn yourself. :)

I hope you enjoy these kale chips as much as I do. It is a fun way to add another vegetable to your families diet. I am going to experiment with other greens and more seasonings. Until next time!



Peace, Love and Kale Chips!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment